Sunday, September 27, 2009

SNL!

So SNL started its new season last night, and no one was more excited than this girl. Probably not even the cast members or their immediate family members were more excited than me. I can't help it--I've always loved SNL, ever since I used to watch it in elementary school at my best friend's house (because obviously there was no way Mama Winfrey was going to let me stay up late enough). Back then, I thought every single joke was laugh out loud hilarious, because I was ten and they were adults. Also the cast then included Cheri O'Teri, Will Ferrell, and Chris Kattan, so the jokes were kind of right up a ten year old's alley anyway.
For some reason I keep making the mistake of reading internet comments about SNL. Like on Jezebel, for example. I don't know why I keep doing this. These are people who don't like sketch comedy in the first place, like to bitch about how nothing is funny, and just complain all the time. Ugh, the internet. For the record, I loved last night's episode! I love almost all the episodes because I still feel like I'm ten years old, staying up way too late. I am still really excited about the new cast members, mostly Jenny Slate. She's so awesome, right? And hopefully her life story will not be as depressing as Charles Rocket's (it won't be). And I don't think Lorne Michaels will fire her, insane internet commenters, mostly because Lorne Michaels didn't fire Charles Rocket, because he wasn't even working on the show at the time.
As usual, I've spent two paragraphs rambling about something that doesn't matter at all to my main point. This is why I was so bad at writing papers. The point is...remember how, after Casey Wilson was fired from SNL, people said it was because she was too fat? Talk about adding insult to injury/job loss. You just lost your job, and everyone thinks you're fat. This is what Casey Wilson said about it:

“I had an amazing time on SNL, and these rumors are completely untrue. And to clarify, the issue isn't that I'm too fat, it's that I'm too phat. Can I get a WHAT-WHAT!”

She is the best.

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */