Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Carrie Brownstein, Y'all

It certainly has been a day, today, hasn't it? So let's focus on something to make us all happy. You probably saw this trailer on Videogum, or maybe you just read the post and didn't watch the trailer. Well, you should watch it!
Some Days Are Better Than Others
Obviously, that's Carrie Brownstein. Okay, that's enough for me! The movie will be great. I've mentioned my love of Carrie Brownstein before, but I don't know if I've emphasized how MUCH I love her. She does it all. She acts in comedy sketches with Fred Armisen. She writes a blog about music for NPR and appears on All Songs Considered sometimes. She was in a great band (Sleater-Kinney, duh!) that I got to see on their very last tour ever (before you start thinking I'm way cooler than I am, I really just went because my friends did. I enjoyed myself immensely, but I'm not going to front and act like it was my idea to see them. The first rule of The Talented Winfrey Family is no frontin'), she's writing a book of non-fiction, and she always manages to look super great and have amazing clothes. I want to be her so badly.
I have a feeling people are going to bitch about this trailer. Sure, there are some surface similarities to Miranda July's Me and You and Everyone We Know, but who cares? Also, we haven't seen this movie yet. Who knows what it's like? I have enough faith in Carrie Brownstein to assume that this movie will be great.
Also, I'm pretty sure at least one of the dogs in the trailer is her actual dog.
Oh yeah, and if you still don't believe me that this movie will be awesome, just take a look at thispicture. Sweet room, yellow sweatervest, and possibly crafting (what is that giant stuffed thing?). I'm gonna drive all the way to Cleveland (or Columbus, or Athens!) to see this movie.

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */