Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bosom Buddies!

I have a great treat for you.
Mom got the 80s television sensation Bosom Buddies from the library. She loves it. So much. And as soon as the theme song started, I loved it too. Mom was all, "I don't remember this. I don't think it was the original theme song." Turns out it wasn't! Originally, Billy Joel's "My Life" was the theme song, but it was sung by someone else. For some reason on the DVD release, they use a version of the end credits song with vocals. Either way, this is one of the best intros I've ever seen. There are so many butt shots! Even Chase was impressed (it takes a lot of butt shots to impress Chase).
Here's the "My Life" version:

And here's the version we saw (well, without the introductory part):

The butt shots! The young Tom Hanks! The Peter Scolari (where are you now?)! It's all around great. Apparently the guy that did this show also did The Larry Sanders Show and he cited Bosom Buddies as his greatest television experience because it was so much fun. It seems pretty great from this intro, doesn't it?

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */