Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bruce Dern

I like him. He fathered Laura Dern, so he can't be that bad. Also, he was great in The King of Marvin Gardens. It's weird to see an actor that you know of in a movie and realize that you want to see every movie he's in. Kerry and I had this experience this summer with a Mr. Charles Grodin. Anyway, I highly suggest this movie, but good luck finding it at the library. Am I the only one who sees similarities between this movie and The Darjeeling Limited and Bottle Rocket? I must be, because when I googled "The King of Marvin Gardens+Wes Anderson" nothing came up.
On another note, it seems like Jack Nicholson's credits are expanding in the past. Like, every few months I find a new movie that he was in from the seventies. Does he have a time machine and an amazing work ethic? Also, why is it that the back of the DVD reads, "Jack Nicholson (1997 Best Actor, As Good As It Gets)"? The dude won an Oscar for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. He's also been nominated for Chinatown, The Last Detail, Five Easy Pieces, and Easy Rider.
In all this excitement, I almost forgot my reason for coming here, which was to post this


No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */