Monday, October 19, 2009

Sunset Rubdown: Live

Kerry and I went to see Sunset Rubdown on Sunday, and it was a sweet show. It was also a really weird show. Every road in Columbus was closed. A girl passed out at our feet, and I had to spring into action (go get a bartender). Also, Fred Armisen was there (at least someone that looked like him). The guy behind me occasionally wafted BO into my face, and it smelled like hotdogs. The venue was super weird, and I don't know if I would really recommend it. The sound wasn't the best, and you couldn't really see anything.

It was still awesome, and there was no crowd surfing (a legitimate fear of Kerry's). The band that opened was Newvillager, but don't let their name fool you, they don't suck. Seriously, I liked them a lot, but they only have two songs on the entire internet, so good luck finding their music. They sounded really cool, and I really want to listen to more of their stuff. Finally Sunset Rubdown came out. People shouted "Sunset!" Then they began playing Silver Moons, but I missed the beginning of it, because that was right when that weird girl passed out. They played pretty much all of Dragonslayer, and they also played The Mending of the Gown! It wasn't even the slow version that they play all the time! I would definitely recommend seeing Sunset Rubdown live. Even though the sound in this place wasn't the best, they still sounded very good.

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */