Sunday, October 4, 2009

Last Christmas

It's starting to get cold, the leaves are beginning to fall, and you know what that means. It's that time of year again. Not for pumpkins or apple cider or whatever BS you're into...it's time for Last Christmas.
Somehow, I've never mentioned my love of Last Christmas on the blog. Love doesn't even cover it. I have around 45 versions of Last Christmas on my computer, and that is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of how many versions are out there. But nothing even comes close to the original by Wham! When it starts to get cold outside, I begin listening to Last Christmas and watching the video a couple times a day. Not that I don't feel like doing this in the summer, but it just seems more acceptable when it's cold.
Last Christmas is my favorite song in the world, but I don't normally tell people that because I don't think they believe me. But listen, it's perfect. It's a Christmas song, but there's nothing in the music that signifies Christmas, aside from some bells. And it's sad, which is definitely a must for any great Christmas song. And the video is just ridiculous and confusing and beautiful. See for yourself!

This is obviously the best non-traditional Christmas song ever written. Much better than that awful Mariah Carey jam the girls in my freshman year dorm always used to blast. I love Mariah as much as the next girl, but come on. That song is awful.

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */