Friday, October 23, 2009

I've got some things to say.


I've been seeing this trailer a lot. Every movie I go to shows this trailer, which makes sense, because who's the audience for this movie? Anyone they can trick into going to see it. I've been feeling a lot of hate toward this movie, but yesterday I realized that all of this hatred was unfair. I still don't care about this movie, but I don't hate it. I realized that if this movie were to come on television, and it was raining or something, I might watch it. Kathy Bates is in it. I could see myself being drawn into the story the same way I am drawn into AOL news stories (Is this costume offensive?) I realized that everything that made me upset was based on the trailer alone.
Let's look at the trailer. It could be placed in an episode of SNL that Sandra Bullock was guest-hosting, and I think it would get some serious laughs. It does everything the movie does. This thing is practically a short film! A trailer should not have this many people in it! At this point, I know every character in the film, and every plot point. I'm sure John Lee Hancock is a proficient director and everything (did anyone see The Rookie? I didn't), and I'm sure his film is okay, but who did this? Someone was payed to create this trailer. It's disgusting that they have so little respect for their audience. What happened to trailers you guys?
It's hard to believe that there was ever a time when this was an acceptable trailer. Isn't Alien great?

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */