Monday, June 1, 2009

Film Review, Kind of

Let's talk about horror films for a moment. Do you love horror films? Of course you do. I mean, duh. If you don't, get away from here. You aren't welcome. Winfreys saw Drag Me to Hell this weekend, and we loved it. One of us saw it by himself, and the other one had to drag her boyfriend to see it (try to figure out which one was me! I included some helpful context clues). One of the things that Alex and I noticed about DMTH was that it isn't like a lot of horrible new scary movies. Par example:
1. No shitty nu-metal soundtrack.
2. It was actually nice to look at, unlike a lot of new scary movies that are all grey and brown.
Of course this movie reminded me of Evil Dead, but it reminded me a lot more of Suspiria. Not just because the opening scene took place in, like, some giant ballroom place. It has a female lead, nice colors, interesting music. Agree/disagree?
All of this leads me to this. Have you ever wanted to know what Edgar Wright thinks of the American trailer for Suspiria? Probably not, but this is kind of a neat concept. I love trailers.

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */