Sunday, June 7, 2009

Confessions

Sometimes we all do things we're ashamed of. Maybe you
denied a gypsy a loan and then faced the consequences. Or maybe you hit a gypsy with your car while receiving a beej and suffered because of it. Or maybe the thing you're ashamed of doesn't have to do with gypsies at all, which is the category that my own personal shame falls under. I'm not happy about this, but none of us can change what's in our past. And I'm only telling you this because if I didn't, Alex would, okay? Listen, you guys...I read Twilight.

There I was, at Wal-Mart, buying the ingredients I needed for Chicken Tikka Masala. Then it happened. I was going through the self-checkout line, a $7.64 copy of Twilight in my hands. And so I read it. I felt dirty throughout the process, mostly because I try not to read things that my 11 year old cousin also reads. And I felt like, as the holder of an English degree, I should be upholding some sort of literature standard. But then I remembered that I read the entire Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series (there's something you needed to know about me), so who am I to act all high and mighty? So I read Twilight. There you go. It wasn't the worst book I've ever read. But it certainly wasn't the best. I mean, literally NOTHING happened in the first, oh, 350 pages of the book. And there were a lot of descriptions along the lines of "The mushrooms were good." Regardless, I read it. It happened. And I can't take it back.
P.S.- Don't keep hoping for a steamy vampire sex scene. It never happens (sorry).

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */