Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Mysteries of Pittsburgh

This will be arriving on Monday via Netflix.

I do not have high hopes, but I will, of course, report back to you no matter how it goes. The Mysteries of Pittsburgh is one of my favorite books. Duh. Everyone who reads it says that. I read it while on Winfrey Family Vacation 2008, right after I graduated from college. What a perfect time to read it! It's not so much that I WANT to watch this movie, but more that I feel compelled, the way I do for most film adaptations of books I love. The general bad vibes around this movie, combined with the lousy reviews and the fact that they apparently chose to combine two central characters, makes me apprehensive. But my love of Peter Sarsgaard is pretty intense, so who knows?

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */