Thursday, April 29, 2010

One of my Favorite Songs

Alex went through a serious Herb Alpert phase in high school (you know how teenage boys are), and I definitely suffered from secondhand Alpert. Except I wouldn't call it suffering. I have a casual like of all things Alpert, but I fell hard for this song. I don't listen to it too much anymore, but there was a time in my life where I listened to it multiple times daily. I think that if my life had a LastFM page, this song would have the highest play count. There's just something about it. It's much more restrained than most Herb Alpert songs, although it still features the bombast and horn sections you'd expect. It's rich in 70's schmaltz while still being sweet. Naturally, it was written by Burt Bacharach. Also, this video is bananas.

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */