Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Will Always Love Dolly

We were playing a trivia game this weekend (I'm exciting) and the question was, "Who sang I Will Always Love You?" My love of Dolly Parton caused me to give the "wrong" answer, but that trivia game can just suck it. As far as I'm concerned, the Whitney version doesn't even exist! This clip from The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (which I haven't seen, for some reason?) makes me get a bit emotional. I think it's the Burt Reynolds.

I've long said that if I could look like anyone in the world, it would be a young Dolly Parton. Those nails! That hair! For her part, Dolly doesn't much care that Whitney Houston is the name usually attached to her song, because she's made a lot of money off of it. And I guess I don't care, either, because I ended up winning the trivia game in a sudden death tie-breaker against H.

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */