Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Style Blog!

A topic that Alex and I haven't discussed much on the blog is fashion. Which is weird, because we are both so stylish! Okay, to be fair, Alex kind of does dress nicely. I just dress like a 17 year old boy all the time. I know I'm no authority, but I would like to discuss one my favorite looks: cowboy.
Why more people don't dress like a modern cowboy is beyond me. It is a look that is flattering to all and pretty cheap to attain. All you need is a hat and some weird facial hair and you're done. Bonus points for a vest or boots.
My favorite example of the cowboy look (and one of my favorite writers!) is Richard Brautigan.

You'll find another good example of the cowboy look in this clip from David Letterman. It's Captain Beefheart, obvs. I really love David Letterman and his interviews. This one is so awesome. I wish people like Captain Beefheart still made music. Captain Beefheart himself has just holed up somewhere, and I don't see anyone around who's ready to become the New Beefheart.

Captain Beefheart is my new obsession. It's safe to say you'll be seeing a lot more of him around this blog. Do you know how often I am going to say, "I wish I knew who was doing that. They need a spankin'?" Pretty often.

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */