Thursday, February 12, 2009

On Why I Couldn't Marry Ryan Adams

So, I don't really listen to much new music. You got me. I'd rather listen to 80s era Prince most of the time. And when I am listening to music, new or old, I generally like the performers to have a great deal of flash. Perhaps elaborate stage sets, or a semi-autobiographical movie called Purple Rain. I think the only current, regular musical artist that I'm really into is Ryan Adams. I dig his music. But would I want to marry him? Well, no. Not really. Yet that is exactly what Mandy Moore is attempting to do. Here is a text message exchange between Alex and I:
Me: Ryan Adams is engaged to Mandy Moore whaaaaat
Alex: I don't blame him. I do blame her.
Me: I wonder what they talk about.
Alex: How much they miss each other,and how similar that is to the way they miss candy.

All joking aside, I would not want to marry Ryan Adams. Here's an interview that I originally thought would prove my point, but actually it proved an entirely different point. That point being that this interview and interviewer are awesome. Alex,see if you can figure out my favorite line.

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */