Thursday, February 26, 2009

Late Oscars Post

Remember that part in the Oscars where Bill Maher came out and was a douche?  Remember how that almost ruined the really cool tribute by Albert Maysles to this years nominated documentary directors?  Apart from that, I felt like this was a very disappointing year for montages at the Oscars.  Kerry said that she could watch Mickey Rourke dancing to Lovers in Japan by Coldplay all day, but I just wasn't feeling it.  There were clips from Twilight shown during the Oscars.  That's all I'm going to say.  This (and the fact that I finally got to finish The Thin Blue Line) got me thinking about the short film that Errol Morris made for the 2002 Academy Awards, and how it was actually good.  What I'm trying to say is maybe they shouldn't let Seniors at Full Sail University make montages for the Oscars.

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */