Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Alls I'm Saying Is

Eric Stoltz must have been pretty hot shit in 1995.

Because he was not even close to being the star of that movie. Not that I'm saying he wasn't one of the best parts. Because he was one of the best parts. He added his creepy, softspoken charm to the role, just as he does in every project. But he was still hardly in that movie at all.
Since I've graduated, I've found myself relating more and more to Kicking and Screaming. I'm not as smart or as male as the characters, but I think it's hard not to identify with them when you are in a transitory phase. Also, I've been talking about the Will Ferrell version in this paragraph. Sorry for any confusion.

I'm glad that the trailer doesn't give you any illusions about how 90s this movie is. It is super 90s. And even though I kind of feel like Kicking and Screaming maybe is some sort of precursor to the whole mumblecore thing, I still love it.
Also, Chris Eigeman. My secret, creepy crush ever since I saw him on Malcolm in the Middle as a child.

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */