Wednesday, January 14, 2009

You Don't Know Him, but Michael McDonald is Your Brother

A couple of years ago, I had an office job where I spent a lot of time in the copy room. The office across the hall was always blasting the same two songs on repeat: Takin' it to the Streets and another Doobie Brothers song. This definitely seemed super weird to me, because although I was a Doobie fan (aren't we all?), Takin' it to the Streets wasn't my favorite and listening to it all day seemed excessive.
Fast forward two years. I now have another office job where I have to (/get to) listen to Mix 106 all day. Mix 106 is our area's smooth rock station, and they play a lot of the Doobies. And a LOT of Takin' it to the Streets. And right now, I would like to apologize to the lady in that office, because now I Get It. I am officially on the street that Michael McDonald is takin' it to, and I'm ready to party as hard as these people:




Note Carly Simon and James Taylor, presumably in happier times. Also, if you are ever Youtube-ing the Doobies, don't watch their newer performances. Michael McDonald looks like someone from MadTV doing a Michael McDonald impression, ouch, sorry.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Is Carly Simon the dude with the beard?

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */