Sunday, January 25, 2009

Gran Torino

Hey guys!  It's almost award season, and I've yet to see several of the big films this year.  I saw Milk yesterday (it was sooOooO gaay).  In the evening I watched a pirated version of Gran Torino, which I felt fine about, because I never intended to actually watch that movie until my roommate wanted to.  Despite the glowing review from my father and brother (Chase), it was not my favorite.  Was it badass?  Yes.  Parts of it were very badass.  Was it well made?  Not particularly.  The reason I even bothered mentioning this in a blog post (because we have such high standards here) is because I found this little gem during the credits.
That's right.  That is Clint Eastwood singing this song.  It sounds like a bizarro Muppets song.  Things quickly go down hill once Jamie Cullum starts to sing, but up to that point it is awesome.  Try to not sing, "Gentle now the tender breeze blows, whisper through my Gran Torino."  I'm not sure why this isn't more widely parodied.  It seems like it should be this years milkshake speech.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Rowlph, is that you?

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */