Saturday, January 24, 2009

Dumblecore

Let's get this straight.  Mumblecore is stupid.  I hate that word, and I don't like the movies.  I kind of like the Duplass Bros.  I will admit this.  Also, there are some pretty ladies.  Without all of this though, it's not my favorite.  Last night I went to A Night of Second Year films, where I could see the clear influence of these films.  The only thing worse than mumblecore, or "Slackavetes" or some other dumb name, is a poor imitation of mumblecore.  So, of course I set out to find a target for all my rage.  Here he is guys.  Joe Swanberg.  Seems like a nice enough guy, but he makes so many movies, and web series, and other stuff.  Let's take a break, Joe.  Really I just posted this video because the interviewer sounds like he is getting a BJ.

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */