Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Zach G.

We love Zach Galifianakis, as do all sane people. I'm fully aware that I don't actually KNOW him in real life, but I do kind of feel a sort of sisterly protection towards him. I like that he'd rather hang out at his farm in North Carolina than do Hollywood type things! That seems normal! So it really does make my heart break when I read articles like this one. The fact that he had to tell some asshole, "That's only in the movie," is so sad. I mean, okay, obviously he is making a ton of money off of The Hangover, and he is not asking for anyone's sympathy, but I remember reading in an article that he just didn't want to be known as "the fat guy" or "the weird guy." He's such a funny comedian and he's been consistently great for years, but that doesn't stop people from joining an "I love Alan from The Hangover" group, or asking him where his stupid satchel is. Of course, let's not forget the atrocious (and not very effective, I don't think) marketing for Youth in Revolt, a movie whose trailer referred to him mockingly as "That Guy from The Hangover." First off, Nick Twisp would've hated that, were he a real person and not a figment of C.D. Payne's warped imagination. And secondly, it's just lazy and mean.
All that being said, I am shocked that Zach G. is hosting SNL this weekend! I'll be DVR-ing it, or possibly just cancelling plans in order to stay home and watch it. Given that his style is pretty different from SNL's, I'm curious to see how it all works out.

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */