Tuesday, February 9, 2010

This is a thing that exists

You remember that song from junior high school, I Knew I Loved You Before I Met You?* The video I'm posting makes me think of that, because I really do think I dreamed it into life. It's Harry Dean Stanton giving a speech at an AFI Jack Nicholson tribute. Just when you think it couldn't get any better, Harry Dean and Art Garfunkel sing a duet. All the while, Candace Bergen looks on, no doubt thinking, "I can't believe I was in Carnal Knowledge with that bozo." Anyway, Harry Dean is the best, as always. He's definitely my favorite actor. I wish so much that I could've lived in that house with him and Jack Nicholson, but honestly I just don't think there would've been enough plaid shirts and boots to go around.


*I'd never actually watched that Savage Garden video until now. All I can say is whoa. My friend Dan told me once that his older sister used to listen to Savage Garden constantly in the car, and he was always convinced the lead singer was gay. Then a few years ago, he read in a magazine that he'd married his boyfriend. Maybe it's intuition, some things you just don't question.

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */