Thursday, February 11, 2010

Big Ass Story

It's been a crazy couple of days here at The Talented Winfrey Family. I don't want to say that I dramatically affected someone's life, but maybe I did? Let's get down to business.
I'm in the process of trying to get a new camera, and one that I've considered purchasing is the Canon XHA1. My research led me to this video, which a man took to test his new HD camera.

XHA1 Test video HD Success! from Mike None on Vimeo.

When I saw this, I immediately thought, "good bloggin' material." But then I thought, "You know what? More than our one reader deserves to see this." So, I sent it to Videogum. For some reason I forgot to post it here. A-duh, right? The next day, when I checked Videogum, I saw this, which was pretty exciting. I mean, it wasn't my first time getting a tip on Videogum (it was my second) but it's still pretty cool. After a few days, I got back on Videogum, and I saw this. My mind was blown away. Jimmy Fallon saw the video on Videogum and got the kids to come on his show! Whoah! I had to check myself. I'm responsible for those kids getting on TV. It's so weird! First, it's weird to think that Jimmy Fallon watched a video that I found. Second, those kids were on TV! A few days ago they were just the subjects of their dad's camera test, and now they're little Fallon Stars!

I emailed the man who posted the video originally and told him who I was and congratulated him and his sons, and he responded very quickly. "WOW! thank you very much! Anytime your in Brooklyn, contact me and We will take you to diner! The experience was so much fun. Im sending the clips all around with the hope of keeping this going. Not get much back now but you never know."

I may have to take him up on that. Good luck little children. Don't stop dancing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now every time i see "thank for the tip, alex" on videogum, i'll assume gabe is talking about you!

very exciting story, though i feel you should be getting compensated.

Anonymous said...

i meant THANKS for the tip, clearly. dammit.

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */