Monday, February 8, 2010

Something Embarrassing

Usher (or Ursher, as some people refer to him) is, in my opinion, exactly as famous as he should be. He has a nice voice, but that's about all it is. "Nice." Silky smooth, but not really anything earth-shattering. Yet I actually like (okay, love) every Usher song I've ever heard. The man is incapable of releasing anything less than a jam. Even "Yeah," which annoyed me with its ubiquity way back in 2004, is still pretty solid.
That being said, here's something embarrassing. Do you remember the Usher/Alicia Keys collaboration "My Boo"? What's that? You don't? How could you forget a white-hot collab between two musical superstars? Probably because it wasn't very good. This song is pretty awful, but it is ALWAYS stuck in my head. I'm not really exaggerating. There's a constant voice that drones, "I don't know about y'all, but I know 'bout us," in the back of my head as I go about my daily tasks. And you'd be surprised how often the word "Boo" is brought up in normal conversation, once again bringing the haunting (ha) melody back to me. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my OH, my oh, my oh, my oh, my booooo....

you couldn't be more wrong about this one. i've put this song on multiple playlists. i love that because "usher" gave "alicia keys" her first kiss, he now owns her for life. it reminds me of disney movies. i mean, she was so pure that usher had to teach her the proper lip position?

Alex said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PotyG9JNeEE

I found a mashup of my two favorite boo songs.

Kerry said...

I should've known you'd remember My Boo, Lauren. And, yeah, he owns her for life, even though "another brother's taken over." Creepiest wording ever.
And I COMPLETELY forgot about that Nelly/Kelly collaboration. Geez.

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */