Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Another Embarrassing Thing

I've always really loved Jimmy Fallon. There. I said it. My friends and I used to watch SNL in high school (I was just as big of a nerd then) and totally swoon over him. Of course, I loved that he always cracked up in his sketches, even though sketch comedy fans mostly hate him for that. And while celebrity impressions are a slightly hacky, 80s, Dave Coulier type of thing, that doesn't change the fact that his impressions are ridiculously accurate. I made my then-boyfriend take me to see Fever Pitch on opening weekend (!). Even though I don't deliberately stay up to watch his late-night show (because I am an adult now! An adult with responsibilities!), I've enjoyed what I've seen. So I just don't understand why everyone hates him so much.
At some point in our youth, Alex bought me Jimmy Fallon's CD, which was a strange combination of comedy songs and stand-up. I listened to that CD constantly, and we still quote certain lines from it regularly, but what stuck with me the most was the song "Idiot Boyfriend." This is another one of those jams, like "My Boo," that is always, ALWAYS in my head.

Rewatching this for the first time since high school, it BLEW MY MIND that Zooey Deschanel was in it. Crazy.

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */