Thursday, April 23, 2009

Stand Back!

Sorry I haven't been posting much. This is turning into The Delinquent Winfrey Family over here. Work's been busting pretty much all of my balls, and when I've been on the computer I've just been listening to The Sound of Young America interviews (thanks to Alex, I am now addicted).
Anyway, the point of this is to let y'all know that my birthday is coming up in less than a month. Not much time left to get presents!!! Especially not if you want to order some hard-to-find B movie, or strawberry soda from Pop the Soda Shoppe. Both of those will probably take at least a month, so you'll need a different option.
I do have a video to post, but it's related to work also. The song "Stand Back" by Stevie Nicks comes on occassionally at work, and I love it. I mean, the beginning of this song just makes me euphoric. I found this video of her playing it in what looks like a canyon on Mars. She is surrounded by a band that is from many different eras and genres of music. The keyboardist inexplicably plays with his hands crossed over each other, even thought that must be unnecessarily more difficult than just playing regular style. You have to skip past about a minute of bongo playing to get to the song.

Have you heard that Stevie has been ~*~*in the news~*~* lately? And by in the news I mean on Mix 106? Apparently she said that Lindsay Lohan should never play her in the film version of her life. Well, obviously, Stevie. Obviously.

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */