Monday, April 6, 2009

Great Minds are Winfreys

Lookout!  Two similar posts.  I think you should be used to it by now. 
 I'm a big fan of Rotten Tomatoes in general, but I really enjoy their "Five Favorite Films With..." feature.  Today I saw that they were talking with Billy Ray Cyrus.  This should be interesting, I thought to myself.  Well, let's just get this out of the way.  Yes, The Horse Whisperer was on his list.  Twilight was also on there for some reason.  But the weirdest (and most interesting for the one person that reads this blog) part was his inclusion of... Blue Velvet.  This is what ol' Billy Ray had to say about the film "Let's go with Elephant Man -- no, I'm going to go with Blue Velvet, for myDavid Lynch pick. I'm going to go with Blue Velvet because I love Roy Orbison so much. He was a great influence on me musically, and still is. That's when I kind of put two and two together -- with Blue Velvet -- and thought, film is a great way for your music to be heard, without radio. It's a great way for your music to be heard."

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */