Monday, November 9, 2009

Mother, Jugs and Speed

I like to think I'm a pretty good detective. Actually, I know I'm a pretty good detective. I'm nosy, stubborn, and I don't respect other people's privacy, which means that I can generally get to the bottom of any mysterious situation. But sometimes, the answers elude even me, and I'm forced to rely on fate.
Alex and I heard this crazy disco song on the first season of The Muppet Show a couple of years ago, and I've been trying to locate it ever since. I kind of forgot about it, until H. and I were watching this awful/amazing movie on TV Saturday night. It was after SNL, which is obviously the time that all the classics are shown. The movie was called Mother, Jugs & Speed. It was an ambulance comedy (seriously, I don't know any other way to describe it!) from the 70s starring Bill Cosby (Mother), Raquel Welch (Jugs) and Harvey Keitel (Tony? I know!). It was so bad.

Anyway, as the end credits rolled, I recognized the song. It was THE SONG from The Muppet Show. I guess the song "Dance" by Paul Jabara is like true love: you can only find it when you aren't looking.
It's pretty ridiculous on its own, but it's infinitely better when a puppet is singing it.

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */