Sunday, December 12, 2010

Snow Day Tunes Part 2

I find myself thinking of Christmas music as a static thing. For the most part, I listen to the same songs year after year. This year, Papa Winfrey reminded me that it doesn't have to be that way. Why not buy, like, 10 new Christmas albums in some sort of Christmas music binge? He is particularly fond of Susan Boyle, in case you wondered.
This year I "discovered" some new Christmas music that isn't actually new at all. Lexie accidentally stumbled across a Beach Boys Christmas album that we'd never heard, and I immediately fell in love with this song, Child of Winter. Apparently it was a single that never really caught on. I can't imagine why. The goofy spoken word interlude is my favorite.


Another favorite that I just found out about: Hard Candy Christmas by Dolly Parton. Sad Christmas Music is my favorite Christmas music subgenre.

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */