Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Scary.

It's Halloween week on TTWF! Why? Because I said it is. Also, look at the calendar, dummy.
If someone asked me to name the scariest movie I've ever seen, I'd have a hard time coming up with an answer. I've seen so many scary movies, and I've been pretty scared by some that aren't even any good. But if someone asked me to name the scariest TV show...that's easy. Twin Peaks.
Twin Peaks didn't just creep me out, it actually scared me. There are a few scenes that really put me over the edge, and almost all of them involve the killer BOB. Sometimes when I'm feeling really freaked out, I have to watch Youtube videos of the actor who played BOB, Frank Silva, to show myself that he was a normal, seemingly happy man. Still though...I watched this scene last night and immediately regretted it. Maybe don't watch it, or maybe do. I honestly have no idea if this is scary outside of the context of the show. I have a feeling that it's a combination of the perspective and the fear I already have of this character.

HOLY MOLY. If you haven't yet seen Twin Peaks, what are you waiting for? It's 2010! You are so behind! The best way to describe it is this: It's like Gilmore Girls and Northern Exposure, but with a murder and really scary and only funny less than half the time. I guess I just mean it's set in a small town. Also, fun fact: Zooey Deschanel's mom, Rashida Jones's mom, and Amber Tamblyn's dad are all in Twin Peaks.

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */