Sunday, November 14, 2010

Socks

This post doesn't really have a "point." It's just something I love there. There's no video or audio, and it doesn't relate to any recent pop cultural happenings. I just feel the need to get the word out about something near and dear to my heart: fuzzy socks.
Fuzzy socks (also called slipper socks) are what I refer to as a "Grandma Gift." Last year, I'm pretty sure I got socks from both of my grandmothers and also Mom. The first time I got a pair of these (in college), I was all, "What am I going to do with these comedically fuzzy socks? They won't fit in a shoe." And they won't! I've tried to cram them into my flats and they look like Muppet feet. But once I slipped these babies on my feet I was sold.

The first pair I got were called "Socks to Stay Home In," and I remember Dan and I laughed so much at how pathetic that sounded. It's all very "Single-40-Year-Old-With-Cats," you know? Oh, you know. At first when I wore them, I was all, "Haha, you guys, these socks sure are silly!" But guess what? Those socks are comfortable. After a long winter day, nothing feels as good as slipping on your Socks to Stay Home In. Of course, this also entails admitting to yourself that you aren't leaving the house for the rest of the evening and you'll likely just be watching episodes of This American Life on Netflix, but let's face it. You were going to do that anyway.

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */