Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Let's Bore Winfreys to Death

I work hard for the money. When Friday night rolls around, all I want is to relax, put my feet up, and watch a movie with Alex. Sometimes we find the movie we want to watch on Papa Winfrey's endless DVD shelf, but sometimes we have to go to Blockbuster. We have pretty similar tastes, but it can still be difficult to find something we both want. Like, Alex loves action films and the only action film I like is Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. And I always want to rent a movie just because Kyle Maclachlan is in it. Alex, not so much. So usually we settle on a horror film (preferrable low-budg!), a comedy from the 80s, or something that just looks God-awful. And I haven't really ever been disappointed.
Except for this Friday when we rented Let's Scare Jessica to Death.

This was easily the most boring movie I've ever seen. Even more boring than Blow Up, and I was really bored by Blow Up! Seriously, I kind of picked this movie out and I feel so bad about it. This trailer makes it look kind of interesting, or at least like something I would like. Made in the 70s, stars a bunch of weird looking dudes, irritating music, ramshackle house...but no. Just no. Absolutely nothing happened in this movie. Also, nothing is explained. Why was Jessica in a mental hospital? Why did they take her to a cemetery at the beginning? Why did Jessica marry Todd Barry? How old is she? And how the hell does the title in any way relate to the movie? Watching this was an excrutiating experience, and not in a fun way like most of the bad movies we see.
But there is one bright spot. This marks the first time I've ever laughed out loud because of a youtube comment. Read them, and then watch the video at 2:22. Alex will laugh at this, I guarantee.

No comments:

 
/* Google_Analytics_Code */